Thursday, December 4, 2008

Portugal Schedule

An average day in Portugal:

Noon-3 pm: Wake up, lay in bed and eat dry cereal, watch DVDs of the Office
3 - 4 pm: Get ready for the show. This really only takes like 10 minutes. I have no idea where my time goes.
4 - 7 pm: Show time. Fly like delta.
7 - 9 pm: Go to the mall, check my email, eat supper...all at the mall.
9 - midnight: Show time. Fly like Tina Ross.
12:30 - 3 am: Lay in bed wondering why I cannot fall asleep, then realizing, ooooh right, I sleep in until at least noon everyday.

Yep, thats about what a typical two show day looks like here in Portugal. Of course, we haven`t had a show in the last three days, so I find other things to do. I usually hang out at the mall or go walking down by the ocean. And I find myself eating two meals on days off. If you know me, you know I am not much into eating unfamiliar things, so my usual meal is McDonalds, KFC, or Burger King. I am actually keeping track in my notebook of how many times I eat at each. I will share the results at the end of my stay, but FYI, McDonalds is in a commanding lead.

A couple things that are different on the restaurant scene in Portugal:

1. McDonalds has bendy straws.
2. Burger King has green tomatoes. Gross. Maybe that was just a bad batch yesterday.
3. Big Macs taste alot healthier here which isn`t really saying a lot.
4. All the fast food places offer beer as a drink option. Gross.
5. They have Kit Kat McFlurries. I have had at least one a day for the past week. Amazing.

No comments: